Translations: Voting system/38/en
Create A Poll
- Enter a Name or title of the poll.
- Enter a Description for the poll; this is the purpose of the poll and is often worded as a question.
- Select a voting model for the poll from the Poll By drop-down list. Your choice affects some of the next fields/controls. For details on the four voting models and the affected controls, refer to the sections below: Vote By Account, Vote By Account Balance, Vote By Asset Balance and Vote By Currency Balance.
- Enter a Finish Height in the box on the left, the height of the blockchain when the poll completes and voting ends. For convenience, an estimated date and time corresponding to the finish height is provided, and three buttons are provided to set the finish height to the current height, then adjust it in increments of 500.
- Enter Answers (options) in the fields provided, clicking on Add Answer or - (minus sign) as necessary to adjust the number of answers.
- Enter the minimum and maximum number of answers (options) that must and can be voted for in the Minimum Nr Of Choices and Maximum Nr of Choices fields.
- Enter the minimum and maximum integer range values to be assigned to answers when votes are cast in the Minimum Range Value and Maximum Range Value fields. Note that a range value of 0 is treated by the Ardor Client as a nonvote and so doesn't count toward the Nr of Choice fields.
- Note that if the minimum range value is greater than 0, a non-vote is interpreted as a minimum range value vote and so Maximum Nr of Choices must be equal to the number of answers (options).
- Click on the Create Poll button in the lower right of the window to create a transaction, the transaction ID of which becomes the poll ID if it is accepted into the blockchain. If there is an error in the poll specification, it will appear at the top of the window and the window will remain open.
Vote By Account
This voting model assigns a weight of 1 to each vote cast.
- Select Vote by Account from the Poll By drop-down list.
- Select the Min Balance Type. The default selection None means that all accounts are eligible to vote. The other three choices prevent accounts from voting that do not meet the minimum IGNIS, asset or currency balance requirement.
- If Min Balance Type is set to Account Balance, enter the minimum required account balance in the Min Voting Balance (IGNIS) field, in units of IGNIS.
- If Min Balance Type is set to Asset Balance, an Asset field appears on the next line. Enter the asset ID in the left box; the right box will then display the name of the asset. Enter the minimum required asset balance in the Min Voting Balance (Asset) field on the next line, in standard asset units.
- If Min Balance Type is set to Currency Balance, a Currency field appears on the next line. Enter the currency code in the left box; the right box will then display the ID of the currency. Enter the minimum required currency balance in the Min Voting Balance (Currency) field on the next line, in standard currency units.